Monday, February 11, 2008

Starbucks' Classy Look



Many coffee companies have tried to capture the same classic, stylish look of Starbucks' logo, but it's hard to emulate and surpass one such an identity.  You can always tell a Starbucks cup from far away because of their simple white cups with the black and green logo with plain white text.  The actual san-serif typeface isn't that interesting, but it's simple and recognizable to everyone.  I also love their cups for their "The Way I See It" campaign on the back of the cups.  It's a clever idea to have a number of different quotes from "stylish" and popular people around the world, and I actually look forward to seeing which quote I get every time I order a drink.  It's interesting they chose a serif typeface for the text, but it still keeps to the Starbucks style.  I'm also a big fan of their red cups they come out with during Christmas time; the design (which includes both the illustrations and the text on the cups) has a sense of delight that mimics the holiday season cheer and makes me full of exuberance!  

3 comments:

Bethany said...

you know it's hard to put my finger on exactly what is is that makes me love this logo so much, but it just works. I feel like Starbucks knew their market and they hit 'em and then hit 'em hard. There's a very earthy feel to it with the lady in the center and her flowy hair, yet it's not over works or too cluttered. and this clean hip look continues in the typeface as it is sans serif which tends to be more clean, crisp and modern.

MerBEAR said...

I agree the Starbuck's cups are amazing. I also like how they use the The way I see it campaign too I think it engages the coffee drinker to see what quote they got this time. I think starbucks does a great job with all there packaging its very strong design. I also like the simplicity of them.

Georgia said...

I love Starbucks. They do such a great job with all of their packaging and and their logo is known around the world. I think that the simplicity of their cups make the drinker actually read them. And once they discover the quotes then every time they get another drink from Starbucks they just have to look to see what they got this time.