Monday, February 11, 2008

A little more than Lemon and Lime


When trying to think of what beverage to use I wasn't sure, but it came down to the one I know the best. I probably have a sprite about once a day. Not on purpose, it just happens that way. So, on to the logo and type. This one is interesting in that it was redone within the past two years or earlier. About that time there were a lot of companies that were revamping their logos (like doritos, sunchips, pepsi, etc.) and sprite, a coca-cola brand, did the same. It's a much more modern look. But what I like about it is it's crisp, clean, fresh look which I feel represents the product well. Not too complicated and kind of simple but still enjoyable. The logo represents the 'lemon-lime' part of the drink and the 'sprite' type is crisp and clean. I really like the freshness and simplicity of it all. The first time I saw it after is was updated I wasn't too sure, but it's definitely grown on me.

8 comments:

Sarah Reed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Reed said...

The Sprite logo has always retained an identity that is known to everyone, just like Pepsi and Coke. Although it's not a horrible design, I can't say I like the image they used above the name; there's something about the image that doesn't make me think of Sprite. In fact, at first glance, it doesn't look like a lemon/lime fusion. I think I am distracted by the negative space between the two fruits, which, despite it's appropriate s-shape, appears too sharp and angular.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

I agree that I do not really like the symbol that they used above the name. It took me a while before it clicked that it was a lemon and a lime. And I am sure that customers buying the product do not see it as a lemon/lime, but just as a green and yellow weird symbol. I also think its good that they were able to change their design, but still keep their identity. They were successful in that they did not stray too far from their original design.

pollypocket said...

Ugh, I'm partial to sprite's old look. I don't know, their newer look just looks too edgy and futuristic. It's almost like they are trying to hard to fit in with the times. The type used for the word "Sprite" has to many sharp corners where little pieces are cut out, and the green backgroud comes through. On the other hand, I do enjoy how the lemon and lime come together to create and S for their logo.

Unknown said...

The Lemon-Lime is actually made out of 2 "L's" I suppose it could be something else, but I think the L's are backed up with the flavors Lemon and Lime.

MerBEAR said...

I hate the sprite logo. I think it looks to much like an energy drink bottle because it seems to be giving off power which sprite wouldnt be doing because it is caffinee free. I have always wondered why is sprite in a green bottle? What if they had used different colors?

little cody. said...

what i have noticed about the new sprite look is that they are trying to confuse its consumer. they made the bottle appear to, at a glance, to look like its diet...when, in actuality, it is anything but a diet soda.i think it is smart because people dont have time to look at what they are buying now a days, we just grab and go and im sure they have gotten a lot of people.

White Chocolate said...

The sprite logo has always been effective at conveying the balance between lemon and lime; never having one take over the other. I think as long as they keep this overall theme going sprite will continue to be a dominant option in soda choices.