Sunday, February 24, 2008

I found this example of graffiti on a street right off of Vickery. Even though I have no idea what it means, I find it ironic that the street is called Smiley and the first word that is written on the left is "Frown." That's the only sense I could make of it after observing the design and its surroundings. Driving around Vickery I saw a few more places where "Mit" is written his logo (with its signature bubble font and the distinct shape the M makes with its bottom strokes all coming together at a point). It makes me wonder who Mit is and why he uses that as his graffiti code name. 

1 comment:

skidmark said...

This is a little different than normal graffiti because of the line strokes. The horizontal lines look like really thick markers as oppose to spray paint. The letter forms also add to the marker look because they are very fun and a little kiddish. Instead of being a little scary, it's actually quite fun.