Monday, February 11, 2008

Here's a little bubbly: Pink Champagne




I used this beverage container because it stood out to me way before I even bought the bottle at a local store. I saw this at one of my friend's house and immediately I was drawn to the "pinkness" of it. The label is very simple with just pink text, but somehow that makes a statement itself. When I bought this, I actually thought it was a rose champagne... which I've been told not to drink too much of. But it actually is a sparkling blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from South Eastern Australia. It displays strawberry aromas and refreshing fruit flavors of sweet berry & lime (according to their website). I like the handwritten effect on the name "Pink" as well as the smaller type for the name of the company. It's nice that this company did a sans serif variation for the small text... other wise it would have been too much with the entire label composed in a handwritten font. I also like the fact that they carried over the pink color to the back of the bottle.. this really carries out the brand. Although, I do kind of think that the bar code in pink is a little overbearing. One thing that I would have liked to see this company try is to use a nice white paper label rather than a clear one.. just an idea.

8 comments:

Sarah Reed said...

Although I find this logo appealing for its fun and feminine look, it makes me think of the logo made for the "Pink" line of Victoria's Secret; it has the same name and it's written in a similar color and handwritten typeface. I wouldn't want to buy something like a beverage bottle and be reminded of another unrelated company, so I think corporations need to make sure their logo is unique before deciding on their identity.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

I agree, this logo may be too similar to that of the victoria secret's pink line. Also, i feel as if they are kind of limiting the audience to only females, which perhaps and probably was their intention.

pollypocket said...

I didn't even think of VS, until you guys posted it! Now all I think of is underwear when I look at this bottle. haha. Well, even though it is a little bit of a copycat and only appeals to the female population, I do enjoy the hand-written quality it has and the simplicity of its design.

little cody. said...

i love this bottle, ive seen it too and being a girl, it just draws you in. it is girlie, it is simple, it is different from all the other champagne bottles. it appeals to its most obvious consumers (college girls who dont splurge on champagne) all- in- all id say it was a successful look.

MerBEAR said...

I have seen this bottle many time and never realised that it does look like the Victoria Secret Pink line. I think the company limits the market and targets there audience to strickly women and it seems to be young women to with the playful girly type. Im not gunna lie I have bought this before just because it was in a cute bottle.

skidmark said...

When I saw this I totally thought of Victoria Secret, I was actually really shocked that it wasn't made my them. Because Victoria Secret is such a recognizable company I think this logo should have been better thought out. Not only that but the type makes me think of a perfume rather than a drink. It actually makes me want to dash a little bit on my wrist as oppose to drinking it.

Georgia said...

I completely agree that the company targets too small of a market. I think that the type is fun but they could have done something different with it if the they wanted to appeal to a broader market. I do have to say though that it is a fun bottle and I as well as many others would buy it just for that...so I guess the company might have known what they were doing after all.

Ebee said...

I enjoy the girlyness of this too, but they are limiting their costumers because i do not really see a guy buying this. but i enjoy the choice of color, the layout and how simple it is catches your eye.