Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Frostie Fun


I couldn't resist posting this bottle made by "Frostie".  I found it at Central Market, where you can find some of the most interesting packaging designs done by obscure but wonderful companies.  I really appreciate the typeface of the word "Frostie"; the angled baseline, bubble-like letters with snow resting on top them and funny image of an eskimo (perhaps?) add to the product's uniqueness and fun character.  It is weird to see the word in combination with "cherry limeade", which contrastingly is made up of more tropical colors and square letters.  However, I still find the bottle quite cute, and that's the reason why it caught my eye in the store.

4 comments:

pollypocket said...

I really enjoy the design as well. Something I wish looked differently is the outlining of the word "Frostie" I think the snow on top stands out a little too much when you compare it to the actual letterforms it is resting on. The snow is completely outlined in black while the word is only partially outlined. Still, it is very well done and gives you a cutsie fun feeling that fits cherry lime-soda perfectly.

Unknown said...

I only enjoy the colors on this one. well and the drink. Sorry to say, something about the difference between typefaces just doesn't sit well with me. Some are highly ornamented with snow and others are just plane jane.

Ebee said...

I like the snow on frostie, i think it is a nice play on words. But i do agree that it might be a tad over done.

White Chocolate said...

I have always enjoyed the type in frosty it really conveys what it is through the visual aids. I would pick one up on a hot day.