Monday, February 18, 2008

Everytime I sit on the toilet

I live at the Delta Gamma sorority house in Worth Hills here at TCU. Everytime you go to the bathroom you see this little mini news letter put on my campus life. Everytime I see it I cringe. The thing that drives me the most crazy would have to be the unnessisary drop shadows put behind the numbers. Next thing that drives me crazy is the fact there is like 40 different fonts used... lets make this a little bit more simple. Also 4 different shapes are used making it feel cluttered. I dont know who does this for TCU but they should be fired.

5 comments:

pollypocket said...

haha! I totally see this in the pi phi house too! I definitely think it is a template off of publisher or something, that is my only explanation for all of the busy design work. It does a good job of catching a person's attention, but then again i think anything on the doorl of a bathroom stall would catch someone's attention.

anits said...

ha ha! Your title of this blog entry caught my attention. LOL! I agree with polly.. it probably did come from a publisher template... people don't usually know how to un-default something on those programs. I hate the drop shadows too, definitely could have done away with those. The color is nice though.

Ebee said...

yea the grand marc has horrible fliers too! They are annoying and i dont usually read them because they arent designed well to catch my attention.

little cody. said...

hahaha oh mer...what ive decided is whoever designed this put in too many elements..the diagonals, the circles, the colors...they need to simplify. a good step would be to removed the drop shadow of the numbers. obviously we see the numbers without it and the numbers dont need an emphasis...they are not important. they should of used the circles to make the layout more dynamic and simplify the other shapes.

skidmark said...

yea, this flier is not fun to look at. I guess they were hoping it would be fun to look at because of the circles everywhere but it's actually pretty amateur looking. It reminds of some template in powerpoint or something. It's super basic and looks thrown together... yuck.