Monday, February 11, 2008

Imported drinks = imported design

I was recently at the flying saucer and a friend ordered this drink.  It's an apple cider drink, from England.  The packaging was so cool that I had to try it myself.  The tag up the neck of the bottle is a summary as to why the drink is named with a K, giving even more importance to the hierarchy of the design.  Simple and elegant describes the design, and the copy/tagline reading "the ultimate in quality" also helps to define the label.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I am torn on this one. I like the over all layout but there is something so bare about the 'K.' I feel like something is missing. While I love simplicity and how that can usually clean up a look and make it appear to be fresh, I don't know if I get that with this. I like the colors and the feel that gives because it almost brings taste with it, but it's that dang 'K' that leaves me wanting more, at least scratching my head, and I don't think in a good way.

little cody. said...

this is a very rolf bottle. its simple and black and im sure theres helvetica somewhere on there. i do also appreciate the simplicity of the design. compared to say bud light or miller light or any beer, it stands out with the opaque black bottle and the red and gold colors. it def makes me want to try it out just because it is different

MerBEAR said...

I think it looks like a beer bottle, im confused is it alcohol apple cider? Because when I see this it doesnt look kid friendly like an apple cider would. I do like how simple it is yet it has some awakwardness that I don't really like that much.

D'Megs said...

i appreciate the simplicity of the design. its it much more classy then most beers like Keystone or Bud Light. This beer looks much more expensive because of the colors used: black, red, and gold. the only thing i have against it is that i dont really know what it is just by looking at it.