Monday, March 17, 2008

so fresh and so clean clean!

I brush my teeth everyday.... hopefully yall all do to, and i use Rembrandt. i really enjoy this box because of its cleanliness. when shopping at the grocery store, this box stands out from the rest of them because of its simplicity and white space. what i look for in a toothpaste package is what i want in a toothpaste: clean and fresh. i also really enjoy the font of REMBRANDT. it has nice serifs that are rounded as they go out which goes well with the san serif font of the line of type below the logo and "MINT." overall i think this package is very successful in my everyday life.

5 comments:

Georgia said...

I love the rembrandt packaging. I agree that it is clean a fresh looking, which is what you want in a toothpaste. All of the colors that Rembrandt uses work well with there layout and draw the eye to their product. Also, I like the font that Rembrandt is in because it is simple but yet still has that sense of elegance and grace with the curved serifs.

pollypocket said...

Rembrandt definitely sets itself apart from other toothpaste boxes. Most have so much going on that you can barely make out the logo. Rembrandt, on the other hand, has a sophistication about it. I agree with Megan that the simplicity of the design was well thought out and the use of white space is terrific!

Sarah Reed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Reed said...

The designers of Rembrandt definitely took a risk with this packaging. I think that it is very dangerous to design an identity or logo that is totally different than the mainstream design (in this case, like Crest, Colgate, etc.) because it separates this brand of toothpaste from the rest. For example, the potential buyer could think, "Why do I want something that is different from the other brands? Does it work as well as the others?" Despite this risk that might make buyers choose the other brands, I think the sophisticated and professional design of Rembrandt's packaging sets its toothpaste apart in a good way.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

It is interesting how they made the first and last letter larger than the rest. It works in that those letters frame the word. I agree that the logo is sophisticated due to its simplicity. Overall, nice design, it stands out on the shelf due to its simplistic, clean style.