Monday, March 24, 2008

fix the space

This tattoo says "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures  him to evil ways." The first thing i noticed about this type tattoo was the letter spacing..... it is terrible! The top line is crammed with four words and every line is only two. i think they should have used a smaller type size, so that if they still wanted to use justified, then the word spacing would have been much more even. Another thing that bugs me is the line spacing. the top of the f in "foe" almost touches the m in "my" and the l in "evil" connects with the m in "him." i think with better planning this tattoo would have been much more successful and wouldn't be noticed for all the wrong reasons. 

5 comments:

LmBaptista said...

i really dont think its a good tattoo, like its said the spacing isnt that great...and it just seems really flat... there could have been a better way to do it.

Ebee said...

the spacing this really bothers me. They definitely should have planned this a little better. Its almost impossible for me to read its so bad.

MerBEAR said...

Wow thats when you should regret getting a tatoo. I really hate the spacing and how uneven everything looks.

Georgia said...

I agree that the spacing is way off and distracts from the message that the tattoo is trying to get across. THe part that bothers me the most is the spacing between the "m" and the "y." It just looks weird. Also, I think that it looks bad that some of the letters appear slanted and not straight.

anits said...

I agree.. this isn't a very good tattoo. The spacing is just awful! It's also not very vibrant and that's probably because of the typeface that was chosen. It's also very uneven... not positioned right at all!