Sunday, March 23, 2008

More than just a cute girls' graphic tee!


I was shopping with my sister over spring break when I found a line of graphic t-shirts for girls at Old Navy with this clever use of typography!  They had about five or six different designs, but all of them used the figure of a girl that was made up out of type.  I love the variety of colors and type within the image, especially the capitalized and lowercase letters and filled-in negative spaces to emphasize contrast.  The scale, baseline and angular positions of the type also create a believable figure of a human body, especially the lengthened type found in the girl's hair!  I also think the horizontal line of text at the bottom gives the image stability.  This line of Old Navy t-shirts for girls makes me appreciate designers and their work on t-shirts more than I did before!

No comments: