Monday, March 17, 2008

Invent




I really like the hp logo because it is so simple. I think that being able to have a logo that is easy to read no matter what size allows it to be put almost anywhere. I would have never really noticed the ascenders and descenders had I not studied type, but they are extra long, which makes both letters look even more vertical. I like how the hp is within a circle and then in a square because it shows that with two simple, basic shapes you can make something that looks good. And I know that hp products always catch my eye when I see them in a store because of the modified type and simple, bold shapes and colors that they use.

4 comments:

pollypocket said...

I agree that hp has a very successful logo. Every element seems to fit together purposefully. For instance, the open spaces on the top and the bottom where the stem of the "h" and the stem of the "p"are placed makes the whole piece unified!

Sarah Reed said...

Like what Polly said, everything in this logo has a purpose and nothing seems out of place! Usually I don't like when a word has large tracking, but I like that in this case it matches the size of the rectangle above it. I like the symmetry and balance coming from the h and the p as well; this is a very unified logo in the placement of elements and equal amount of blue and white space.

anits said...

I like their logo mainly because of that nice shade of cyan blue! but the way the h and the p fit together is nicely done too. I like how the tracking is done on the word "invent." It's not too far away, yet it's not too close. Ink packaging is one thing I always forget to look at for great typography examples.

Ebee said...

Hp looks like a puzzel all perfectly laid out. The colors are great and work well together.