Monday, March 3, 2008

Not a "THANK YOU" bag




I went to the Michael Buble concert and purchased a T-shirt from there. I was very surprised that the bag wasn't plain and white with the bold red type "Thank You" repeating across it. When I go to concerts, I usually get something and it usually doesn't come in this nice of a bag. I like the fact that the bag is a souvenir in itself. It's nice that the designer used a nice metallic blue to match all of the other collateral that is out there for Michael Buble. This bag is obviously trying ti entice people to visit Michael's fan web site.... I think it definitely achieves that.. I would visit the site, but that's just me. I also like the fact that the designer didn't just put the words "meet me at Bungalo B" and that there is Michael's logo on the bag.... nice touch. Lte's just say it's no ordinary bag and I'm keeping it as opposed to stashing it away in my closet with the other bag rejects.

7 comments:

Sarah Reed said...

I also enjoy getting a bag or package with the product's identity, and I think having such a personalized bag helps advertise the product! In this case, I could see how a bag with Michael Buble's logo could help the artist's popularity. Also having "Meet me at the Bungalow" creates a sense of intrigue; anyone that doesn't understand what this means would want to find out. I like circular logos like this too (especially this silver one) because it draws your attention right to the center of the bag.

Unknown said...

I think it's just kind of different to have bags at a concert. I don't really go to arena/concert hall shows, I go to the lower end shows in dodgy districts and have never seen a bag, yet alone one that looks professionally designed like this. nice catch

little cody. said...

the color scheme is very classy, very michael buble. and i really like the way they are advertising the buble name while also showing off the website. this is the kind of bag that you hold with pride and dont regret spending 30 dollars on a tshirt.

Georgia said...

I like that this bag is classier than the typical thank you bag. Also, it is nice that it is not see through and appears to be a thicker plastic than the regular bags, which tend to rip easily. The color scheme works well with the whole concert setting because it is darker and therefore won't distract your attention in a bad way.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

It is interesting how they chose to make Michael Buble's name the lowest part in the hierarchy. I like the color choices. It is really classy like Michael Buble's music. The logo is intriguing and a great use of advertising.

Bethany said...

first off I can name a handful of girls that are totally jealous of you right now for going to that concert. but on the bag it is very nice especially for something you bought at a concert, but I guess it kind of represents that classier approach to things that you get from a more upscale artist. Nice find.

Ebee said...

I really enjoy this bag design as well. The color scheme is classy reflecting his style.