Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm invigorated by CREST!



So I typically brush my teeth every day, 3 times a day... and I hope you do too!
But I didn't really notice how nicely the word "vivid" and "white" connect. Vivid is thin stroked which really represents the meaning of that word. And white is thicker... which also really represents "white!" I've used this toothpaste a few times, but picked it up because I knew it worked well. I probably wouldn't have noticed the nice type, had I not taken TYPE 2. I also think the way the logo has a beam of light behind it adds a nice effect.. it's saying "pick me! I'll whiten your teeth." This tube of paste stands out from any other Crest toothpaste mainly because of it's cleanliness... it doesn't look busy like some of the other toothpaste packaging I've seen on the market.

7 comments:

pollypocket said...

The contrasting weights of the letterforms in "vivid" and "white" does work very well together. If the words had the same stroke width the copy would have blended together "vividwhite." This packaging does stand out for similar reasons to Rembrandt's toothpaste packaging; it is cleaner and more direct than most toothpaste packaging designs! Well Done Crest!

MerBEAR said...

I agree I like the use of weight of letterforms. The bolder white grabs your attention and gives off a feeling that you teeth are going to be that bright and bold too.

Bethany said...

I like this type also. I love the simple contrast between vivid and white also. And as you mentioned it's great how not only does the contrast in weight create a nice visual appearance but it also helps in defining the words.

little cody. said...

i brush my teeth alllll the time because i may be ocd. but thats besides the point. i have always loved the vivid white collection because it is so clean which is what you really want to portray through a package design for toothpaste. the modern quality also works because have white teeth is so "now" and oh course, we all want to be with it.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

Great use of contrast! Without the two contrasting words, I feel as if the typography on the tube would all be lost and jumbled together.

skidmark said...

I really enjoy the simple contrast in the two words! It's very clean and yet it gets across the point precisely!

Ebee said...

I love this logo they really get there message across... The bold really makes a statement in a great way