Monday, March 3, 2008

Feel The Rhythm



When I was walking out of a classroom in Moudy S. I noticed the old school speakers. Then I saw the logo in the corner of them and it clicked with me that the top of the F resembles the sound waves that a speaker puts out. It was really interesting to see it because I was expecting something like the JLB brand speakers - helvetica and a little hidden, but instead this idea goes along with the speakers as oppose to being something just stuck on the object. Although it's very subtle, it's actually a nice detail. With something being so flashy in the middle of a black plain, I think it needs to be something more significant than just a helvetica plaque on it.

3 comments:

Sarah Reed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Reed said...

I also like the design of this logo; not only is there the reference to sound waves through the top stroke of the f, but the type is italicized to give the letters a sense of movement (also referring to movement of sound). I like how the letters snugly fit under the middle stroke of the F.

MerBEAR said...

I also like the movement the f seems to have I wish the designer would of inccorporated the line more into the design so it would of connected