Monday, March 17, 2008

The Anthropologie logo is classy, fancy with a modern twist just like their clothing. I always shop at Anthropologie, so Im always looking at their logo and I have always been drawn to it for its simplicity. It was a really smart idea to use all capital letters. It makes the word stand out within the organic decorative lines, which frame the name. The letter spacing is loose, but that works here in that if the letters were any closer, the logo would be too crammed together and would not go along with the border. I really appreciate how the company consciously made their logo in the same style of their clothes. Overall, I think that this is a great logo. 

7 comments:

Georgia said...

I agree. I am a huge fan of the Anthropologie logo. I think that having the contrast of the serif, simple font with the decorative, more elaborate border helps to bring out the name with out having to use color. I agree that the letter spacing works well here and I appreciate that they are all spaced evenly visually.

pollypocket said...

I totally agree. The decorative, elaborate framing around the store's name goes along perfectly with the feeling you get when walking into the store. Their products are very ornate and have a contemporary vintage feel, which comes through in their logo. I think that the open kerning of the letters almost makes each letter stand out more, which gives the logo a powerful punch!

MerBEAR said...

I also agree I like how the letters are all capital yet the appear so graceful and elegant because of the decorative border. I think the border was designed very well because the type seems to fit right into it. I think they work well as a unit

Sarah Reed said...

The best thing about this logo is the element of contrast between the curvy, script-like linear elements which contain the serif, all-cap, roman type. Even though the linear elements are not type, such a contrast between forms ensures a sense of stability to the design. It also shows the style of the clothing: elegant but classic.

Bethany said...

I feel like the use of all caps gives it this sense of authority and legitimacy. I also like the typeface that they use because it has this old-style feel to it which goes well with Anthropologies' look but at the same time slightly modern

little cody. said...

i love this logo. i think it really shows off the style of the store. its clean and different. its relaxed yet refined. the spacing def. shows the relaxed feeling of the store and the design shows the funk.

Ebee said...

I agree with everything you said! i love this store and the logo really shows everything they are about, vintage classy and yet a little different!