Monday, March 24, 2008

Posh's Hebrew

This Hebrew tattoo is beautifully designed. It runs down the center of her spine, starting just below her hairline. Because it creates such a solid vertical line, it gives the optical illusion that the line of type continues both up and down her body. I enjoy the size of the type and how interesting the characters look and how they interact with one another. It represents the Hebrew version of Song of Solomon 6:3, which reads, "I am my love's and my love is mine, who browses among the lilies." I think this is a very unique & fun way to express love for someone.

8 comments:

LmBaptista said...

just really nice design....i really like how she chose to do it veritcaly and the letters are so slim...it almost looks like a string or jewerly ...its a really nice design.

skidmark said...

wow this really is a nice design. it's so delicate a feminine which most tattoos arn't. i also like how the type kind of resembles her spine...very nice.

Ebee said...

I really like the vertical orientation it is unique and very cool looking. It makes a great line that enhances her back.

MerBEAR said...

I really like how the type complements her spine. I also agree with the others in that the vertical orientation is unique and makes for an intresting compostion

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

The typography flows nicely along side her spine. The vertical orientation gives it that feminine, delicate look.

Georgia said...

I think that this tattoo looks really nice and isn't bulky. The thin and vertical type elongate her back. Also, since it is in hebrew the letterforms are elegant looking and add a sense of sophistication to the tattoo.

Bethany said...

there is something about the application of the text as it almost tricles down that back that makes it very sexy looking. I love the flow of the text and this real organic movent that it has.

Sarah Reed said...

I've always loved the fluidity of the Hebrew writing style; every letter flows so nicely from one to the other, and the tall vertical strokes of some contrast with other letterforms that are shorter. I agree that the design of this tattoo creates an illusion that the text is continuing both up her neck and down her back.