Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Visual Approach to Fashion



I found this magazine spread in Marie Claire and really liked the type treatment at the bottom (using paint for the dots of the "i"). I also thought it was interesting how they incorporated the paintings for the models' heads... a rather different approach to expressing fashion. I'm glad the designer decided to use a green color for the dots, and not white.. to match the rest of the type. The green gives it that extra punch. I also really like the fact that the designer used photographs to express this topic.. and not words... so the reader knows exactly what's in fashion... and that is painter styles/or artistic fabrics.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

this has a really fun color pallet and what I like is how the type with the three dots above it create this look of being the pallet for the designer as these artists must have had a pallet for their paint.

little cody. said...

my favorite part about the layout is the headline. the dots of the i are the use of 2 portrays the "artistic" quality better than the whole picture combined.

Ebee said...

i like the way the colors and the type and photos all work together.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

the colors are great, and the typography treatment makes the layout really great. I wish there was more emphasis on the type and less on the picture. But I like how the color pallet is continuous throughout the image and typography.

Unknown said...

I kind of wish there was more type to look at, because the layout is far too reliant on the image as is.