Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Beautiful Side of Type!

I happened to be browsing some type blogs, and I came across one called "The Ministry of Type" that featured these designs using numbers.  Even though the numbers aren't actually made of the elements of nature, I find the unified solution quite breathtaking; I could have never pictured type as such beautiful forms!  I love the way the designer combined both the numbers and images; he or she did so in a way to look as if the flowers, leaves, vines, etc. are growing out of the numbers.  I like some of the curvy, organic lines found in the numbers, such as the horizontal stroke of the seven and the vertical, left stroke of the four.  The combination of thick and thin lines of the numbers also imitate the randomness that's found in nature.  There is a definite contrast between the bold, black forms of the numbers and the thinner, more delicate, colored forms of the images, but the designer combined the two so well that the pictures look like a unit.

No comments: