Monday, April 7, 2008

can you please pass the napkins?

my parents are on the parents council which is apparently a big deal and they are very excited about it. they had a thing this weekend with a some big shindig in a tent by the main...there was booze and lobster. woohoo. anyways, they decided to give me a napkin. for some reason. they said "you are the reason we are on the council, here we got this for you". in the back of my mind, id like to think they are catching onto the idea of what a graphic designer looks for in daily life...or at least i like to tell myself that. instead of thinking of the idea that my parents gave me a napkin for a present. ANYWAYS!! i was admiring the napkin, because lets face it, i love type. i thought TCU did a very good job at laying out this logo for the new campaign they have going on. (TCU needs more money...in a nutshell) the contrast of the script type with the san serif of "the" and "for" is beautiful in my opinion. and i really love that TCU kept their logo within the campaign logo. it really gives the napkin a warmth and, frankly, i want to support the campaign. the simplicity throughout the whole look is very comforting and pleasing to the eye.

2 comments:

Sarah Reed said...

I also think this is a sophisticated design that works well with the classy, world-class image that TCU is trying to portray. Actually, I'm in an organization on campus called the Chancellor's Leadership Program, and the logo has the same typeface that's used in the word "campaign". When I first saw it too, I thought it looked very legit and smart-looking. Perhaps because of its use in history, script typefaces tend to have that professional appearance. I also like the contrast between the script and elegant capital letters.

I'd Rather Be Baking said...

The design is really classy. I love the contrast of scale as well as the contrasts of the two different fonts. I agree that the script typeface makes it look very professional and you can really tell that the napkins were used during some sort of important event.